Sunday, June 29, 2008

Heading out to the old frog pond

So, working on these socks with the Red Heart sock yarn to try out the two-at-a-time magic loop technique.
toastyalmond
And... I need to frog back a bit. I was a little overzealous with the toe increases. I need that blue part there to be 6 to 8 rows shorter, I think. Guess I'll toss in a life life and go for it.

So, what I think about the technique. Magic loop two-at-a-time I'm not liking so much, because the cord is under my fingers as I knit, especially on the second sock. I'm thinking two circulars might work better, so I may give that a go next time.
The two-at-a-time part had to grow on me, but I think it has. Managing pulling from both the inside and outside isn't as bad as I feared it would be, and it is nice knowing the numbers of rows match without having to count. Not to mention the future when I cast off, and get to be finished instead of having to start all over again.

At least I can haz squid:
Squid04
Yes, his eyes are uneven. No, I don't really care. I've never been quite thrilled with the way the yarn eyes look on this pattern. I'm thinking next time I make it, maybe I'll go for big wigglely eyes instead.
Was a pretty fun pattern, though. I can see myself making it again.

No comments: