Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Let the cursing begin.

Gauge swatches are lying bastards.
I did a gauge swatch for the Wonderful Wallaby sweater I started on New Years.  I did.
I think I may have done it in Magic Loop, not realizing I knit more tightly when Magic Looping than when knitting on needles normally.

In any event, my sweater that was supposed to be 43 1/2 " around the bust, about the size of the largest commercial hoody I find comfortable.  It's actually going to end up 46 1/2" around the bust -- much too big.

My options are to frog an entire month's work, or work another month for a sweater that will never fit right and so rarely if ever be worn.

The choice seems obvious to me.  Frogging it is.  :P  Suck!

While I'm at it, I think I'll change the various garter edgings to seed stitch.  I like the look somewhat better.

I'm going to have to figure out how to compensate for a larger upper arm diameter, too.  I want more ease there than the pattern allows.

Gosh, this is frustrating.

I think I'll frog the sleeves back to the ribbing, and do them first before redoing the body of the sweater.  I'm not enjoying knitting them, so I can get it out of the way, and the ribbing is OK to a bit large already so I don't have to start completely from scratch.  Mostly, but not completely.

I mentioned suck, right?

No comments: