Thursday, April 24, 2008

Well, baby Slytherins have to wear something, don't they?

There is a very good reason why I'm knitting a baby sweater in Slytherin colors. When stash yarns will work for a project I want to do, I should use them, right? Efficient resource usage and environmental friendliness and all that. These were the were two coordinating baby yarns in my stash that I did not have earmarked for another project, and I don't think I have quite enough of the green to make the baby sweater I've been wanting to try in a solid color.
It's a very cute color combination, the bright green with the "thought about being white but it seemed like a lot of work, so I went with this" grey.

dracobabysweater01
The grey is a little blow out, maybe, and the green is really a bit more subdued, but I think this gives you an idea. I can see little baby Draco wearing something like this (when it's done, of course) -- except it'd probably be professionally knit out of unicorn hair or something. Bet baby Sirius got subjected to one, and it's left him bitter ever since. ^_~

We just bought a new camera, and if I may say so, it totally rocks. It was actually able to get this picture, no color correction needed, in the crappy lighting in my room.
nicpreemiehat01
I zoomed in to the eye white to get a sample to color correct, and found the color was already correct. And no blurring even thought it was hand-held in my bedroom's crappy lighting.

The hat there is another FO, btw. It's dollfie-sized by coincidence, though. It's actually a cap for premature babies. I wanted to play with how I held and tensioned my yarn, and it's a pretty quick and yet utilitarian project. And one I basically have the pattern memorized for; I just have to look up measurements. On this one I did a tubular cast-off with the "proper" four set-up rounds, and I don't like the effect the set-up rounds had. Probably none of you noticed until I said something, but it tightens up and there's a bit of a ridge there. You can see it especially right in the middle of Nick's forehead. Someday when I've got some of these together, I'll see which of the local hospitals takes them and drop them off. Or mail them somewhere if no one local does. Or maybe there'll be another event like Caps to the Capital.

I love my cat Angelina, but she really tries my patience. I caught her chewing on the wrist strap of the brand new, not even a week old camera -- which she had hauled off my desk for the purpose. And then later she went for the transfer cord. I'm not having a good day to begin with, so this did not help in the least. (Any day that starts with a fasting blood draw is not going to be a good one.) It also reminded me why we never put on the wrist straps, so I took it off again. I feel bad that the lady at the camera store spent so much time and trouble trying to get it on. :(

No comments: