Friday, February 29, 2008

Yay! I'm getting a Namiki Falcon!

I know I talked about it for a while, but this morning I went and ordered it. World Lux is having a 1-day sale in honor of Feb 29; everything is 15% off their list price. Their price for the Falcon is usually $135, which is not the best but not bad either for it. With the discount, that brings it down to just under $115, hands down the cheapest I've ever seen retail on one. So I went for it. On top of that, some sort of glitch seems to have given me free shipping. ^_^ Even if that gets corrected I'll still be getting it for less than $125 shipped, good price. If the free shipping stands, it'll be a great price! Kati's starting the day great. :)

2 comments:

Teya said...

Hi. I am planning on getting the same pen, and wondered if you could tell me if it is what you expected, if the nib is semi-flexible, how it writes, if you like it... :) Anything would be appreciated.

Jinnayah said...

To be honest, I wasn't super excited by it. I was expecting it to feel like some of the normal vintage nibs (not wet noodles) I have: a little soft or springy, a feel like they're reacting to differing pressure even if it doesn't show on the paper. The Falcon is actually a lot stiffer than I expected. It does write very smoothly, and it does flex if you put some work into it.

I think how much you like it will depend on if you generally prefer modern or vintage pens. If you like modern pens better, you'll love the Falcon. I love vintage pens, so I probably would have been happier with a full sized BHR with a gold nib.