Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We now enter the 'I hate it' phase of the project.

So, the baby sweater I was knitting. I got it ready to stitch up seams, and...
Ew. This doesn't look like I thought it would. It's lumpy and misshapen at the moment. And on top of that, there's an easy version and a hard version of this pattern. I did the harder version thinking it would look better. Now that it's put together, I see the easy version actually would have looked better. And on top of that, the color changes I thought were going on the side back are actually on the right front. ^_^; (I think they'll look OK once I get the ends work in, but... OOPS!)
And it's ginormous. I think my baby sweater may actually be a toddler sweater. ^_^;

Oh well, I'm SURE it will look better once it's seamed, edgings are knit on, and it's blocked. In any event, there's nowhere to go but forward, because I will NOT have knit several thousand stitches for nothing.

Maybe I'll hold off on those socks for a while, though.

No comments: